Recent Dissertations and Qualifying Papers in Crime and Social Control
- Tracie Witte. 2013. “Battling Moralities: Competing for Medical Marijuana Legislation.” (Karen A. Cerulo, Chair; Allan Horwitz; Julie Phillips).
- Chioun Lee. 2012. “Childhood Abuse and Physiological Dysregulation in Midlife and Old Age” (Deborah Carr, Chair; Allan Horwitz; Kristen Springer; Helene White).
- Paul Reck. 2010. “Placing Race and Policing in Context: An Investigation of How Patrol Officers’ Perceptions of Racial Groups are Shaped by the Local Contexts in Which They are Embedded.” (Paul Hirschfield, Chair; Patrick Carr; Zaire Dinzey-Flores; Catherine Lee).
- Brooklynn Hitchens. 2015. "'CNN of the Ghetto?' Analyzing Black Females, Fight Videos, and the Construction of Urban Violence on WorldStarHipHop." (Paul Hirschfield, Karen Cerulo, Zaire Dinzey-Flores).
- Jason B. Phillips. 2015. "Post-Incident Interpersonal Difficulty among Adolescent Victims of Intentional Violence." (Lauren Krivo, Paul Hirschfield, Julie Phillips).
- Muqaddas Pulotova. 2015. "Strategic Social Control of Minorities: The Case of Tajik Labor Migrants in Russia." (Paul Hirschfield, Lauren Krivo, Richard Williams).
- Portia Allen-Kyle. 2014. "The Demographic Origins of Juvenile Curfew Laws: A Longitudinal Hazard Analysis." (Paul Hirschfield, Karen Cerulo, Lauren Krivo).
- Alicia Raia. 2014. "Sanction Avoidance Strategies and Norm Reinforcement." (Patrick Carr, Deborah Carr, Paul Hirschfield).
- Monica Herrera. 2011. “Combating Controversy: A Comparison of Organizational Responses to Failure.” (Karen A. Cerulo, Paul Hirschfield, Richard Williams).
- Chioun Lee. 2011. “The Effects of Childhood Maltreatment on Serious Injuries and Premature Death in Young Adulthood: An Examination of Mediating Effects.” (Helene White, Allan Horwitz, Kristen Springer).