- Winner, Dissertation Fellowship from the Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation, 2015.
- Winner, Fellowship from the Rutgers Center for Historical Analysis, 2012.
- Winner, Rutgers South Asian Studies Program’s Chakra Paper Prize, 2010.
- Winner, "New Faculty Fellows Postdoctoral Award," American Council of Learned Societies, 2012.
- Winner, two-year postdoctoral fellowship by the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2011.
- Winner, two-year postdoctoral fellowship by the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2010.
- Winner, Fellowship from the Rutgers Center for Cultural Analysis, 2012.
- Honorable mention, Student Paper Award of the annual Sunbelt Conference of the International Network of Social Network Analysts, 2011.
- Winner, Policy Communication Fellowship, Population Reference Bureau, 2011.
- Winner, two-year dissertation fellowship by the Hewlett Foundation/Institute of International Education in Population, Reproductive Health, and Economic Development, 2010.
- Honorable Mention, International Network of Social Network Analysis (INSNA) Best Student Paper Award. "Discerning Meaning in Complex Structure: Understanding Personal Lending in Florence's Multiple Networks Ecology."
- Winner, Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy, 2010.
- Winner, PERISHIP Fellow in Hazards, Risk, and Disasters, 2010.
- Winner, NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, 2009.
- Winner, Brent K. Marshall Graduate Student Paper Award, Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP) Environment and Technology Division, 2013
- Winner, Graduate Student Paper Award, Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP) Conflict, Social Action, and Change Division, 2013
- Winner, Harry C. Bredemeier Teaching Award, Department of Sociology, Rutgers University, 2012
- Winner, dissertation fellowship from the American Association of University Women, 2011.
- Winner, dissertation grant from the Rutgers Initiative on Climate Change and Social Policy, 2010.
- Winner, Social Science Doctorate Degree Bursary from Fondation Desjardins, Québec, Canada, 2010.
- Honorable Mention, American Sociological Association Labor and Labor Movements/ Critical Sociology Distinguished Graduate Student Article, 2010.
- Winner, one-year dissertation fellowship from the Japan Foundation Doctoral Fellowship Program, 2010.
Kirsten Younghee Song
- Winner, Best Graduate Student paper award from the American Sociological Association's Sociology of Emotions section, 2011.
- Winner, ASA Sociology of Emotion Section's Best Student Paper Award, 2011.
- Winner, SSSP Youth, Aging, and the Life Course Section's Best Student Paper Award, 2010.
- Winner, fellowship from the Rutgers Center for Cultural Analysis, 2011
- Winner, Honorable Mention for the Outstanding Graduate Student Paper Award of the ASA Section on Collective Behavior and Social Movements, 2011.
- Selected, one of 12 participants in the "Young Scholars in Social Movements Mini-Conference" to be hosted by The Center for the Study of Social Movements at the University of Notre Dame, April 2011.