Welcome to the Sociology Department
- Shatima Jones. 2015. "Performing Race and Shaping Community in the Black Barbershop." (Patrick Carr, Chair: Ethel Brooks; Ann Mische).
- Lorenzen, Janet. 2014. "Going Green: Reducing Consumption in Contemporary America." (Paul McLean, Chair; Thomas Rudel; Karen Cerulo; Phaedra Daipha). Asst. Prof. of Sociology, Willamette University.
- Harvey, Daina, C. 2013. "If This Thing Had Never Happened: Moving on From Hurricane Katrina." (Karen Cerulo, Chair; Patrick Carr; Ann Mische; Arlene Stein). Asst. Prof., College of the Holy Cross, Department of Sociology and Anthropology.
Previous Dissertations in Environment and Sustainability
- Tsai-Yen Han. 2015. "Construction of a Sterilized Zone in a Food-Science Laboratory: Infrastructure, Sterilization, and Network." (Phaedra Daipha, Joanna Kempner, Norah MacKendrick)
- Lindsay Stevens. 2015 "Environmental Contaminants as a Threat to Reproductive Health: Provider Perspectives." (Norah MacKendrick, Joanna Kempner, and Allan Horwitz)
- Julia Flagg. 2014. "Aiming for Zero: What Makes Nations Adopt Carbon Neutral Pledges?" (Tom Rudel, Steven Brechin, Norah MacKendrick)
- Brandon Kramer. 2014. "The Critical Neuroscience of Media Multitasking." (Karen Cerulo, Phaedra Daipha, Hana Shepherd)
- Andrew Stroffolino. 2014. “Scientific Immunity and the 2009 L'Aquila Earthquake.” (Lee Clarke, Joanna Kempner, Thomas Rudel)
- Analena Bruce, 2013, "Labor of Love: Livelihood Strategies in Sustainable Farming." (Patricia Roos, Norah MacKendrick, Thomas Rudel)
- Julia Flagg. 2013. “Hurricane Katrina, Relationships, and Trust: Social Capital in the Aftermath of a Complex Disaster. (Lee Clarke, Lauren Krivo, Sharon Bzostek)
- Alexis Merdjanoff. 2013. “Anti-Growth in the Big Apple: Why One Community Rejected the ‘American Dream.’” (Lee Clarke, Zaire Dinzey-Flores, Lauren Krivo).
- Lauren Murphy. 2013. “Social, Psychosocial, Physiological, and Environment Factors in SES and Racial/Ethnic Group Disparities in Self-Reported Sleep Quality.” (Deborah Carr, Lauren Krivo, Sharon Bzostek)
- Alicia Raia-Hawrylak. 2013. “Youth Experiences of Space in a Gentrifying Community: A Case Study of Asbury Park, New Jersey.” (Lauran Krivo, Zaire Dinzey-Flores, Judith Friedman).
- Analena Bruce. 2010. “The Troubled Legacy of Agrarian Reform: Small Coffee Farmers and Foundations of the Fair Trade Cooperative System.” (Thomas Rudel, Ann Mische, Zakia Salime)
- Alexis Merdjanoff. 2010. “There’s No Place Like Home: Examining the Emotional Consequences of Hurricane Katrina on the Displaced Residents of New Orleans.” (Lee Clarke, Patricia Roos, Kristen Springer)
Previous Qualifying Papers in Environment and Sustainability